Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Loser

Don't you just hate it when you wake up on the right side of the bed (as opposed to the wrong side :P) and the day is great and you go off and fight and work and accomplish...and at the end of the day, you feel like a complete failure?

I hate feeling like a loser. But it seems to be happening more and more lately. That's why it's so AWESOME when I remember this: I am more than the choices I make, more than the mistakes I've made, more than the grades I get in school, more than the muscles I build (or don't build...) - I am so much more.

Not because I'm not a loser. No, I really am a loser. There's no getting past that one.

But I am so much more because God has made me! He defines who I am!!! And I don't need a second verdict from anyone else. I don't have to be "successful" or "beautiful" or "perfect."

I just have to have faith.

Faith in who He is.

Faith that He has a plan for me. Honestly, He knows everything; there is no way that I can mess up the plan He has for me. And even when I suck at whatever I'm doing, I can always come back to His arms of grace.

This is not an excuse for laziness. This doesn't mean that I should quit trying. On the contrary, it should inspire me to do more, since...

...If I fall, He'll pick me up. And nothing will happen if I fall. Losing face? Looking dumb? Who cares! His opinion is all that matters.

...If I fall, I get to try again.

...If I fall (and believe me, I'm going to), I'll just get closer to Him, and I'll become more and more refined and more and more ALIVE in Him.

...And if I fall...it will probably hurt. I'm not going to like it. But really, what do I have to lose???

"If He is for me, who can be against me?"

Even losers can win. But that doesn't always make them winners ;)

<3 Elizabeth-Marie {Em} <3

No comments: