Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Delayed Reaction - yeah, yeah

The first week for the Word of the Week contest and I have utterly and inexcusably failed you. No, really, I have excuses (naturally), but none of them are any good, and it all boils down to "busyness" and priorities.

And while we're on the subject of priorities, let me just say that posting the definition of an awesome word on my awesome blog on a Monday night when I'm exhausted and I have a million things to do and when I know that there is very little likelihood of anyone ever reading the post about the *awesome* (did I mention the awesome part?) word, well, it isn't exactly on my Top Ten list. Sorry.

So I'm here on a Tuesday night, ready to post about the WORD OF THE WEEK! Gosh, is it only Tuesday?? I was sure that I was eating up the week much faster than that and it was starting to worry me. *Whew* But then again...it's almost Wednesday...ah!!!

Okay. I DO have a word. It's coming. I need a drumroll. Or something. Come on, you guys, kick me a fat beat, will ya'? (If you want to know what a fat beat is, exactly, I don't know. Maybe that should be on the future list of things to blog about: phrases that make no sense.)

And the WORD OF THE WEEK is...

~ Apathy ~

Definition: absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement.

Great word, huh? You can go here to read the other definitions of this word, and if you click the "Thesaurus" tab at the top, you can get all kinds of cool synonyms and antonyms for the word :D

The timer is starting (a day late...)! Better get to work using that word!

Now that everyone has scattered to do my bidding - which would be fun to watch and even more fun to savor as a moment of control - I can breathe again and just relax. Sleep sounds good right about now. So does reading a good book or eating some amazing snack.

What does NOT sound good is that pile of laundry waiting to be folded, the horrible alarm clock crouching on the shelf, my room that is in need of decluttering, the list of things to do that needs to be written down...somewhere...and the shower that's calling my name.

Actually, that last one sounds quite tempting.

No comments: