Thursday, September 9, 2010

Breath of God

Oh no. I almost typed "I hate" again. I was about to start complaining about how stupid and boring and...yeah, anyway, about how I feel right now. NO SATAN, THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! lol. I can't get away from myself lately -_-

Instead, how about I share something we read in family devotions last night?? My Dad had us read Job 37 (he loves Job), and this one verse just really hit me. Verse 10: "By the breath of God ice is given, and the broad waters are frozen." I immediately pictured breath, holy breath from God's mouth, floating over the earth and everything it touched turning to ice.

It was just so beautiful in my mind! And I was filled with awe for God, who works wonders in our lives, and in our world, and most of the time, we just don't notice. We don't care. We can't focus on Him right now because we're too busy - or whatever.

But He is THE ULTIMATE. Do you realize that? Do you believe that? There's nothing better or greater or stronger or holier than He is. Nothing will satisfy you like He can. And nothing could ever take his place.

So no more stupid whining or pining away for things that won't actually bring me happiness. Without Him, everything is lost; and what I lose to gain Him, is as nothing in light of who He is.

<3 Elizabeth-Marie {Em} <3

No comments: