Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Winter Wonderland

(Despite the happy-go-lucky clouds floating in the background, I really am thinking about winter! I have changed my blog yet again...but it's only natural, since I keep changing as well ;))

Today was a glorious day because it snowed. I know for some of you (perhaps many of you), snow is a bother, because it means driving slower, wearing more clothing, and buying new tires. It means cold and lots of wetness.

But for me, snow is something else entirely. [No, I'm not immune to being cold and wet (unfortunately).] Snow is a miracle. It's beautiful, not to mention pure, in its whiteness. Snow means snowball fights, sledding, and snowboarding - and don't forget those odd snowmen with noses that are falling off! It means laughing in awe and wonder as something lighter than cotton candy brushes your cheeks.

Pretty soon, there will be icicles. Ice, you say, and shudder with dread. But think of the beautiful light reflected inside a piece of ice. More beautiful than man-made glass, ice is sharp and dangerous, while at the same time frail enough to melt at the touch of a finger.

Winter is a wonderland, is it not? I can't say that I'd want a whole year of it, but every time it comes around, I am glad to see it. And even if none of those things about winter intrigue, there's something else wonderful about it: just when the cold is most bitter, you can curl up safely indoors with a blanket, your favorite bunny slippers (don't lie - I know you have some :P), hot chocolate, and a novel. Bliss.

Every day you are alive is another chance to make a difference. To enjoy what God's given to you. To love someone. To rejoice in the fact - and that fact alone - that God is *awesome* and holy and merciful.

<3 SnOWflaKes <3

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

-gasp- I'm making an amazing observation. That makes it sound so much better than a "comment". hehe!

Yes, you shall see my new ski jacket soon! =D

I loved all your descriptions of snow...what a writer. ;) No wonder you did great for NaNo. =]

Caity said...

lol I know right? I love changing all the settings on here...

Yay skiing/snowboarding! :D

Thanks!! :) I love describing things, which can really make writing essays (which are short on words) difficult :P