Saturday, December 11, 2010

Snow Wanderings

The snow has arrived!! :D And then, I'm afraid, it melted a bit today...

I don't have much to report. I've been writing a lot - I have to get as much as I can in before Christmas break hits and I get all lazy ;). I'm almost done with all of my Christmas shopping (yes!).

Still not in the Christmassy mood. I've got music, my mom has the decorations up, and there is some caroling planned, but I just can't seem to get pumped about it. I suppose, though, that Christmas isn't about being excited. It's about where my heart is.

And right now, circumstances being what they are (aka, unsatisfactory to my selfish little desires...), my heart is having to rest entirely in God. It's both frightening - letting go of the control I think I have - and amazing - resting in His love and plan.

It's like walking into a blizzard, sometimes.

No comments: