Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas, Graffiti, and other Epic Things

Getting into the "Christmas spirit" at last :) *sigh* God is so good, is He not? Where would my life be without Him? When everything's so inconsistent and just the opposite of peachy-keen, He's constantly the same. Plus, I don't have to worry about finding someone to blab my secrets to ;)

{The rest of my post is random thoughts that don't have any lessons or helpful information to spout, but may in fact become useful as I go along...If you dislike ramblings, you may want to stop reading here. Heh heh.}

Graffiti! I want to learn how to do graffiti :) If it wasn't so illegal, it would be so very...never mind. Graffiti wouldn't be half as attractive if it weren't illegal. But all it is, is art with spray paint. [Shut off the part of your brain that is screaming vandalism. Please.] And just because those artists happen to be punks or no-good teenagers (not what I want to call them but how others view them) doesn't make them any less talented.

Besides, it looks cool :P Anyone want to teach me?? I WILL learn one of these days! Then I'll paint random walls in my house with amazingly distorted words and pictures...

Has anyone besides me noticed that the word "epic", once a phenomenon of the human slang language and a truly unique word (if I do say so myself), has now become overly used? I hear is almost as much as "cool" nowadays, and it's getting on my nerves. Just slightly. It doesn't help that it's coming from adult mouths, too -_-

If something doesn't make you think twice, or spit out whatever is in your mouth, or jump up and down with joy (or rage...), or make you gasp, then it probably isn't epic. Even then, that's stretching the definition :P

As you can see, I'm starting to rant. I just would rather type it all up then fill one person's ears with all of this nonsense. Which is why I shall not take offense if you found this boring because, quite honestly, I have absolutely no reason to boast that my thoughts are interesting. They're not. The only reason thoughts are interesting is because they don't sound like your own...

I should stop there. That's sort of a story idea I had a while back, but NaNo interupted and I haven't returned yet. I'll save the imaginative tale-spinning for bedtime.

Adios, amigos! Au revoir, mon ami!

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

As a note, I SO used the word epic long before it became overused. Since it's been ruined by the millions of people that use it, I try to avoid it now.

Haha- my word verification for posting this comment is "vemisia". What a cool word! I don't know if it is just gibberish or an actual word, but I like it a lot. =] Random. :P

and, I totally failed at typing the word correctly....so, my new word is "bacir". not as *ahem* EPIC. ;)

Jenn Noelle said...

Graffiti is awesome!!

...If it weren't illegal, yeah...but that's just a minor concern. ;) We should go get lessons together and then graffiti our bedroom walls, eh?

Caity said...

Ruthie: we are the few who are authorized to use the word EPIC :P haha. how can you fail at the word verification?!? :P we should make up a definition for "vemisia"..

Jenn: yes, do lets!! :D how do we go about finding someone to teach us graffiti, though? o.O lol