Friday, August 27, 2010

Confession

I sincerely desire to break into the writing world, and I was - I am - hoping that this blog will be what does it for me. This is a rather good aspiration, I think; I just feel very chained to Time, time that I feel like I don't have.

The temptation to model this blog after thousands of others (make it full of fun, secular ideas, and me, me, me, all the time) so that I can become renowned in Blog-World, is a powerful and very seductive one. But if I succumb to that, if I choose the broad path, I will be losing the greatest secret to happiness there ever was or ever will be.

I will be losing my focus, my inspiration, and the one thing that truly holds me together at all times: God. Nothing can compare to Him. Nothing can separate me from His love.

I am afraid that bringing God into my writing and my blog(s) will hinder my progress and success in the world. I am afraid that I will offend some of you by mentioning Him.

But life really isn't about success. It's not about being on the New York Times Bestseller list (which would be simply amazing). It's not about being so loved and lauded that you're never lonely (which doesn't make you un-lonely anyway). And if you think about it, you'll know that this is true. Life isn't about those things.

Sometimes we have to take a stand. It can be a stand for anything - so long as you truly believe it, you can make that choice.

And I'm choosing. Right now.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek." _Romans 1:16_


P.S. I will now be signing my name as "Marie." It's not my real name (it's my middle name) but I kind of like it. So, hey, it's what I'm going for right now :) lol


<3 Marie <3

No comments: