Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Weekend

Struggling to keep up the fight
Holding onto my sword
All I see is the beautiful sight
Of everything I do not own

Stand, you've got to stand strong
So I tell myself
But no matter if what I feel is wrong
That's what I want inside

So there's my weekend summed up. I'm reminded of the post I wrote last week, about making WAR against sin in my life. But all I can think about is doing things that I'm not able to do right now, and being places that I'm not, and hanging out with people who aren't here.

I'm not content at all. It's awful! The worst part is that there's no one to blame it on but me. And even though I know that there's a purpose, I know there's a God who loves me, I can't seem to focus on that.

My eyes are turned downwards. Today seems like it's flying by without my consent, and yet it's dragging, too, because I'm not doing anything that I want to do.

Anyone else struggling with things on this sunny Saturday that should be gorgeous and amazing because - guess what? - we're alive!?! Just post a comment so that I know I'm not alone :) Or...you could try to make me laugh. I'd make you laugh, too, except that I don't seem to have many smiles to share today =/

Lord, help me to see Your plan and to trust in You.

No comments: