Monday, November 29, 2010

A Moment

There are those times when you just stop and see life as being encompassed in one single moment of time. You can feel the seconds slipping by as you sit there. And then you get up and move on.

And forget that time is borrowed. That a second wasted is worth so much more than you think it is...

But don't go overboard with that. You could get messed up that way, viewing life in seconds, and focusing on every little movement you make - bad idea.

Do stop and think, though. About what you're doing and who you're doing it for.

Today was my oldest brother's birthday :) So we celebrated, ate good food, played some games, and acted lazy [it wasn't just an act :P]. I missed out on quite a few hours of NaNo writing...oh, don't remind me...but I wanted to spend time with my family. God knows how much I've ignored them all November long.

Meaning that now, when I'm ready to curl up and read a book before climbing into bed, I'm going to go upstairs and write as much as I can for the evening. Write until my eyelids won't stay open, my fingers are cramped, my legs have fallen asleep from being squished by the laptop, and my body is going crazy from too many late nights.

The problem with late nights is that I have to reward myself with something, such as watching a movie or eating a carb-high snack...but this is life. Crazy, demented, a heck of a rollercoaster ride - with more downs them ups, it seems - and a journey of faith <3

KEEP WRITING ALL YOU NANOERS!!!

KEEP WRITING ALL YOU WHO REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE IN NANO :P (we still love you anyway)

...and for those who just don't write...KEEP LIVING CRAZY!

2 comments:

PurpleMist. said...

Nice post here!
How's you nano going?
I just hit the 50k mark and now I'm jumping up and down with happiness.
:D

Caity said...

thanks!
yay! I saw your blog post! :D :D i..should be jumping up and down..i cleared 100k...but my story is not over yet :( ah!! lol