Monday, November 22, 2010

Crapulous

It really is a word. I wouldn't have thought so. If someone had come up to me today and said something about seeing a bunch of crapulous freaks, I would have laughed and called them a dork (is dork a word, technically? lol). But although I am a word connoisseur, I cannot boast in my vocabulary at all.

That is why I've subscribed to a couple of online dictionaries that send me Word of the Day emails, thus adding to my vocabulary on a daily basis. :) (There is one small problem with that, though: I don't always take time to read and/or use that word every day...fail.)

Crapulous is quite fun to say, though, and even more so because I can guarantee you that practically NOBODY knows that it's a real word, and even LESS people know what it means!!!

Crapulous: marked by intemperance, esp. in eating or drinking; sick from excessive indulgence in liquor.

So there you have it. Crapulous. And let me just tell you, there were a lot of crapulous people at the wedding I served on Saturday night...why, oh why, do people have to get drunk? It really is not attractive. Nor does it make your life glamorous.

I must remind myself not to judge others, though. We are all equally sinners and fail-ers and mess-er-up-ers. The only thing that makes me different is that God is in my life :)

2 comments:

PurpleMist. said...

Hahaha, this really made me laugh.
I have used the word crapulous before but without knowing what it meant :P
I found your blog link through nanowrimo, good luck with your novel and sorting out the ending!
I understand what you're going through because I had no idea how to wrap up my novel either. Until one night I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep when everything suddenly clicked, so I took out a pen and grabbed my notebook and scribbled it all down.
I think the ending will eventually come to you too!

If you'd like to check out my blog:
www.insomniastrikes.blogspot.com

Caity said...

Thanks purplemist! :) that gives me hope, because I have experienced random spurts of inspiration that leave my fingers typing like crazy...so maybe something like that will happen to me for my ending! that's awesome that your novel is coming along - ^5!
And I love seeing new blogs, so I will definitely check yours out.