Saturday, November 27, 2010

Out of Control:)

I'm on Day 27 of NaNo!!! That means I have 3 days left to write, not counting today. My word count is getting up there, but the problem is that my plot looks like it's going to over-reach the word limit. Meaning that I'm going to have to squish and yank to get my plot to fit this format of 100k.

I think I put too many superfluous scenes in my novel. lol. But I am enjoying this creativity of babbling :).

This blog is looking dull to me again. Should I change it? Or does anyone enjoy the notebook paper background? Or is it that I need more of a focus to have everything else about my blog revolve around? Hmm.

I'm going to be so sad when this month is over. December is going to hit me hard, with all the schoolwork, Christmas shopping, parties to plan, and cookies to bake. My hair has a million split ends, I have a giant zit on the side of my nose, my reading has been sorely neglecting, and our car is dead, but this month has been one of the awesomest months of my life! :D

Although...I have begun to miss people, a little. My social life has been sort of lacking during November, even though I've been on Facebook way too much x).

In short, my life is haywire and crazier than ever. But...I can't help but like it when it gets that way. Life isn't meant to be perfect and organized - or at least not all the time. When we accept that, we get a lot more done AND we learn to appreciate the spontaneous. Those delays that make us impatient, those mix-ups that drive us insane; it's all a part of His plan. We're not in control.

So here's to writing, living, dancing goofily, and loving the ones around me in a way that accepts this crazy life that's so out of my control <3

(Feel free to comment, or email me at elizabeth.marie.inked@gmail.com)

2 comments:

PurpleMist. said...

November has been great for me too! Will you attempt NaNo next year?
Hope you're happy with your word count by the end of November! I picked up the pace so now I actually have a chance of winning. My word count stands at around 47,000. If I don't win now then I'll be extremely disappointed!

Caity said...

I know. I feel so *accomplished* for writing so many words, but I know I'll hit myself over the head if I reach my word count and don't finish the novel x). I am very much excited for nano of next year! :D I rather wish that they did it twice a year - once in the fall, once in the spring...