Thursday, February 24, 2011

This Is Me

This is me writing a blog post when I really don't have anything to say.

This is me getting incredibly excited about something that has a very high potential of making me feel worse in the long run.

This is me having an awesome and otherwise hectic and unexpected day.

Besides the fact that my productivity was interrupted by a throbbing headache in the middle of the day (which has since receded), and then by Facebook, I've gotten quite a few things decided and accomplished. Even so, I've got more to do, so I'm going to throw a few random things out there and make it a short post:)

First of all, lately I've been really going my own way. I do whatever I feel like, I harbor anger, regret, bitterness, and my own form of depression deep inside me, and I try to make everyone see just how "important" I am. It's actually been very annoying -- not fun at all. I realize that I need to give all of these things up to God and stop living like an idiot.

Maybe then I'll stop running just to catch myself. Maybe then I'll find the joy in every moment of just being alive in God's presence (or as close to Him as we can be here on earth). Maybe then I'll quit spazzing out over the way my life is going - I really can't change that anyway.

In fact, these aren't maybes at all. These are truths. I know that when I "let go and let God" I'm going to find a freedom I can't get anywhere else. I've tasted it before, but only in small doses, and I think it's time I return to that.

I started that with a "first of all"...I don't have a second point. Just that I'm really all over the place (happy, not happy; busy, not busy; etc.) and I can't wait for God to use me for His kingdom <3

P.S. regarding my very first statement (the one about not having anything to say)...I guess God gave me something to say. Cuz that was totally not the plan. Don't you love it when He switches things around on you? =)

2 comments:

Laura McKelvey said...

AWESOME post :) Totally know what you mean!!!!!!! We clutch to everything so tightly, too stupidly blind to see that awesome freedom we'll have if we just hand it all over to Him!!!!!!

Yup, it looks like you DID have something to say after all =D Thanks for the post; it was challenging to me!!!!!!!!!!

God bless,
Laura

Caity said...

Thanks Laura!! :) It's weird and completely awesome how, when I let myself be open to Him, He uses me. That post, for instance: He really gave me thoughts and words to speak. I wish I would be sold out for Him all the time instead of in small doses =/

Praying for you!
-Caitlin