Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Springboard of Thought

There is something so very intoxicating about fresh spring air. I know it's only the middle of February, but I swear spring was giving us an early glimpse of herself today. When spring comes I am quite torn inside. One part of me feels that winter was too short (this year I didn't even build a snowman!) and that I'm going to be depressed when Snow Trails closes (I'm going to miss snowboarding so much). The other part of me can't wait to wear flip-flops and t-shirts and have a mud fight with someone.

Today I was reminded of how much I adore springtime. One whiff of that air that smells fresh as rain and cool as mountain snow and I am filled with an excitement that just bubbles up inside me. I suddenly feel as if anything is possible. I feel hope.

Tonight I've kind of lost that dream. It's slipping away like fog through my fingers; I'm unable to grasp it or make it stay, but at the same time it's clouding my vision. Thoughts, emotions, everything is treacherous. Why can't I just live life without over-thinking everything?

I actually have a bunch of "deep" problematic things that I need to think through right now, but I keep putting them off. Instead I obsess over things that don't really matter :P Time is an illusion. What time is there but now?

P.S. I've been neglectful. Sorry. But blogging isn't in my top ten right now...make that top twenty...ugh. To do lists keep getting longer.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Yes yes, I know what you mean! Spring time is on it's way... or at least we hope and pray it is! If not, it's very mean of the weather to tease us like this. :P

And yes, it's so easy to put off stuff that we don't want to do and throw all our concetration on something else... I'm am very guilty of this as well.

By the way, you're a great writer Caitlin!!

Caity said...

yes, looks like we're back to several inches of snow ;) happy, and not happy about that...lol!

Thanks, Cassie!:)