Sunday, July 24, 2011

Little Things

Sometimes I live from moment to moment. It's like I can't survive without those little things that make me happy. Because, honestly, there aren't that many HUGE moments. http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

The little things drive away the tears and make me smile unconsciously. Before I know it, I'm happy...and I know it's God sending blessings my way.

~ Standing in the pouring rain, basking in the light of a monolithic and victorious bonfire, and watching little orange sparks float in the sky like stars...while my friends laugh and talk around me.

~ Wearing 3D glasses for the first time and feeling adorkable.

~ Texting underneath my pink umbrella while raindrops cascade at my feet.

~ Watching Sense and Sensibility with an enthralled expression as I realized just how amazing Colonel Brandon is.


~ Washing my car at home in the sunshine with an old-fashioned bucket of soapy water and the garden hose.

~ Spraying the hose for a few extra minutes just so I can see the miniature rainbow I've created.

~ Feeling goofily happy about my cork necklace.

I haven't been taking pictures lately, or I'd add some to this post. I...dislike my camera. A lot. But I love photography. What am I going to do about that?

There is one thing, though, that can't quite fit on the little things list for this past week, and that is this: God loves me. He's molding me into just the ceramic mug I'm supposed to be. And if it hurts a bit in the process...

If I feel like I'm a zombie going nowhere...

If I dig deeper into the world of fantasy because I can't stand watching my life play out before me...

Then I'll take that in return for His love. I'll just keep walking. Keep trusting that He has a plan. I give up -- He doesn't. I get lost -- He knows I've never wandered beyond reach.

And He sends me little things that He knows will make me smile :)

3 comments:

PurpleMist. said...

Such a lovely post :)

Cassie said...

Love this post dear :)
however... Colonel Brandon is NOT as good as Captian Wentworth in Persuasion. Just had to throw that out there :P
And I love your smiley face. It makes me happy. <3

Julianne Drews said...

Colonel Brandon is...WONDERFUL!!!! He is THe Best of Men!!!!(in that movie;)
-Julianne