Thursday, July 7, 2011

{i wish i could fly}

I've had a lot of thoughts swirling through my head these past few days, and not very much time to write them down. Beautiful words that will never hit the page. So I like to pretend I'm setting them free just by thinking them, tossing them to the corners of the earth, and they fly away on the wings of the wind...



Sometimes, I really wish I could fly.

I have a bit of a confession to make. I've sort of fallen in love with the Harry Potter series.



A couple of friends of mine are excited about the conclusion of the series (Deathly Hallows, Part 2), which is coming out next Friday night, and I'd like to go watch it with them. It's prompted me to catch up. I've read the first four books, then watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire through to Deathly Hallows, Part 1.

One of my favorite characters from the movies is Luna Lovegood. I never met her in the pages of the book, but I love her anyway. She's just so...eccentric:)









I'm planning on dressing up as her. Should be interesting. Her radish earrings and cork necklace are just the type of thing that is so unique I love to copy it...which probably ruins the unique-ness a bit. Oh, well.

1 comment:

PurpleMist. said...

I feel that way too. Sometimes I'll have this amazing idea for my novel but I just never get around to writing it down. So it just drifts off. I love how you described it in the first paragraph of this post :)

I was never a huge Harry Potter fan, but I do watch the movies. So I'm looking forward to watching the recent one. There's so much hype about it, I can't wait! :)

Luna would be a good character to dress up as! She's pretty unique :)