Saturday, July 3, 2010

Selfish Passions =/

Doing is so hard. Sometimes, all I want to do is feel - I just want to have passions and emotions alive in me, and I want to express them.

I don't want to work. I don't want to accomplish things (although, later, I beat myself up for doing nothing worthwhile).

I don't want to love others - I want to feel a loving passion.

I don't want to go out and change the world - I want to feel the recognition and change that others have brought me.

How utterly, completely selfish of me. And how lazy.

*Lord, give me strength to break past the wall of emotion, and battle to what is real and true. Give me the courage to stand out in a crowd for You. Teach me to live for You, and You alone. Give me a passion that never burns out; a passion for You, and everything that You love.*

No comments: