Sunday, July 25, 2010

Loving what I shouldn't...

1 John 2:15-17
"Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world - the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life - is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever."

I've really been struggling with this lately. Maybe "lately" isn't the right word, though; I think this is something I've struggled with for my whole life. I'm a material person. I love shopping. I love owning things. I love the security I feel when I have money in my hands, and I know I can buy what I need (or, more realistically, what I want...).

More than that, I love this world. I love everything about it (okay, besides the sin and the bugs and, well, the bad stuff :P)! I love admiring nature - which isn't inherently bad, since God created it for human enjoyment. I love being around people and squeezing fun out of every experience. I'm real big on experiencing everything.

So how do I let go? How do I release my iron grip on everything that is so temporary??

I'm praying for God to show me the fragility of this life. I want Him to consume me so that I can do nothing without it being for Him <3

No comments: