Thursday, June 17, 2010

* Ball of Fluff *

I have an adorable new friend!! :D A cute little kitten {pictures coming soon}. She is soft, furry, fluffy, playful, ornery, and - did I mention this? - adorable!

Of course, the first problem facing this new addition to my family is, quite naturally, a name. Here's my tentative options so far (I must warn you, though, that I have pretty much made up my mind which one I like best):

Goofball - this one is soooo darn tempting! she IS a goofball! but I'm not sure I can justify naming a cat that. I mean, it sounds like the sort of dorky name a guy would pick, one that I would make fun of :P

Fluffy - no comment. this one is out.

Kelsey - no idea where THAT one came from...

Storm - a good suggestion, considering the kitten is all gray :)

Ashes - loooove this one, except it's already been taken. and I think she is a bit too feisty for such a calm name.

Raindrop - now, honestly, doesn't this sound like an inexpressibly cool name?? I love the way it sounds. but, again, it doesn't seem to fit her. or even a cat, for that matter.

Smudge - this is the one that I have (very nearly) chosen. she has these random tan splashes on her paws and face, but otherwise she's a soft gray. on her nose is a strange sort of smudge that is lighter gray than the rest of her fur. and I love how cute the name sounds...and how it refers to ink <3 (anything that has to do with words, paper, ink, etc. is a clear message of approval).

But is smudge a cat-sort of name?

Oh, and another thing. This kitten is somewhat claustrophobic. She's high-spirited. Ornery. And she's like the smudges I can never escape; whenever I write or sketch, I always leave some sort of smudge on my paper. It's annoying, but then again, I've never liked the look of a perfect piece of paper :). So, isn't "smudge" fitting for a kitten who can't seem to stay out of anything - let alone trouble?

No comments: