Thursday, September 12, 2013

Morning Run

Usually my runs take place at night or late morning, around 9ish. Today I managed to drag myself outside by 7:30am -- when it was still sort of grey and cold out. It was horrible (because, duh, it was morning)....and wonderful (because using my muscles feels good, end of story).

The air was cold and filled with the chirping of birds and crickets. A hazy, grey sky stretched over everything, locking the world in a lazy state. My shoes soaked up puddles of dew and caught at the wet leaves that are already starting to fall. The sun kept playing hide-and-seek between the horizon and our trees.

The pictures crappy. I have a slightly outdated iPod touch, okay?
And each time I made a lap around our property, I smiled at this little meadow that lies at the end of our property. Usually, it's covered in whatever crops our neighbors decide to plant. But this year it is bountifully covered in bright yellow flowers. They're just too pretty to pass up. I love them. It makes me hearken back to the days when I used to wait longingly for the first daffodils, and then the buttercups, to appear in our yard. I must have a thing for yellow flowers. Who knew?

I am one of those weird people that actually likes to run. Do not be deceived, however! I am still just as lazy as everyone else, and "liking" to run does not necessarily help me get off my bum. Reading, watching TV, and doing nothing is so much more tempting when compared with exercise.

So I try to run every day. Because it's good for me and I do like it and because I need to have a routine to keep me focused or I will get nothing done.

My goal is to run a 5k (which translates into 3.1 miles).

Anyone want to join me?

No comments: