Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Goodreads

I have recently become addicted to goodreads.com. I don't like adding more website accounts to my life (things start getting complicated when I have to have more than 3 passwords to remember), but this was an exception. Ever wanted to have a complete lists of books you want to read? Say no more. Ever wanted to keep track of every book you own or used to own? Done. It's a limitless database of literature and I love it. I'll never be satisfied with an online library, but so long as it's not replacing my physical one, I'm happy. 

So what's on your "to-read" list? Mine keeps getting longer. Somehow, I find myself wanting more suggestions, though. 

The Circle Trilogy by Ted Dekker (I just dove into Black today) 
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith 
The Great Gatsy by F. Scott Fitzgerald 
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams 
Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks 
The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux 
C.S. Lewis's Space Trilogy 

Give me your list and maybe we can trade. Also, if you own one of the books on my to-read list, might I borrow it? Then you could borrow one of mine and we'd practically have a book club! I adore this idea.

2 comments:

PurpleMist. said...

Love goodreads :)
And I know what you mean about never-ending to-read lists.

I want to read some classics, like 'Emma' and 'The Great Gatsby'.
I'm also on a mission to read all John Green books.
Just finished 'Catcher in the Rye', going to start reading 'A thousand splendid suns' next!

I like your list. Watched the movie for Safe Haven, it's wonderful, so I'm guessing the book is even better :D

Caity said...

Emma is fantastic! I love Jane Austen's works. Aren't books amazing?