Tuesday, October 5, 2010

....and...I'M BACK!

I took a short hiatus from the blog...sorry. But, oh man, you missed a lot! :P

I do have a reason for that *little* break of, er, almost two weeks. I was on vacation!! And it was amazing! :D

We went to Outer Banks (OBX for short - doesn't that look cool?), North Carolina, which meant a very, very long drive there...and coming back was somewhat worse. But I will brave travel just to get someplace other than where I'm at - and I know that there's a lot of people who do the same!

The people I went with were great, and so was the huge house almost right on the beach, but the real reason I went was the ocean. I just love the ocean. Waves crashing on the beach, washing foam and shells onto the sandy shore. Rhythmic beating; it's a sound that could never be replicated. Sand getting in everything - shoes, clothes, carpet, swimming pool, bed, shower - and instead of hating it, I enjoy it, because where I am, there's just not that much sand to go around.

Ghost crabs are HILARIOUS! They get so freaked out...and they're creepy. But also kinda cute. I know, I'm not making much sense. But this is crabs we're talking about; how can anybody be expected to have a normal reaction to crunchy little fragile things that pinch you and have eyes that stick out the top of their heads??

I saw dolphins swimming way out in the ocean (so amazing) and a whole flock of pelicans flying overhead. Nothing like getting greeted by the natives to feel as if you belong :)

There's a whole lot more to tell about what I did, where I went, etc., but there's something more important in all of this that I need to confess. The whole time I was in NC, I didn't read my Bible at all. Maybe that doesn't sound so bad. But the thing is, I didn't pray or anything. I took a vacation from home, from myself, and from God too.

I ignored Him.

How can I be such an idiot sometimes?! What reason did I have to ignore Him? None, absolutely none. I just wanted to be self-centered for an entire week.

And now, getting back together with Him is harder. Figuring out how to enjoy Him again. And every time I sing a praise song or open the Bible now, I feel like I'm not really connecting to Him. That our relationship is not sort of fake.

Not cool =/

No comments: