Thursday, April 23, 2009

Singing Lessons

Okay, so on Monday night I went to a singing class. I learned a lot, not just about singing but about doing things in general. At first I was like, "Oh great, I'm at a singing class, and the teacher is old, and most of the 'students' are old, too...man, why am I here?" But as I sat there and TRIED to listen patiently, I realized that I was judging all of the people in the room by LOOKS. And some of the older people had good voices and were actually fun to be around! I Here are some of the things I learned:

1. No one is better than you because no one can do exactly what you can do. And no one is lower or worse than you cause you can never do exactly what that person can do. Each of us is special and unique!!

2. Whatever you do, put your heart and soul into it! Be passionate about what you do: it will show, and others will enjoy watching you/doing it with you. You can be incredibly good at something, but if your heart isn't in it you might as well not do it, since people can tell and whatever you're doing will not be glorifying to God. Also, you can be terrible at something, but if you're having fun and relaxed and passionate about what you're doing, then others will enjoy it and have fun with you! I have seen many examples of this.

3. You have to put away your inhibitions, pride, and embarrassment, and just let yourself go. You don't have to go crazy...just stop sitting there pretending to be a statue!! Enjoy life!! If you relax and have fun, you will inspire others to do the same - thus creating a chain-reaction that could include a ton of people! You CAN make a difference in this world...and if you're feeling like you CAN'T, then ask God to give you courage and change your heart!! :)

4. NEVER, no NEVER judge by appearances, no matter how hard you are tempted to! It can cause you to act in a way you wouldn't normally, and it can cause you to miss out on some great friendships. It's very important to get to know the person behind the human mask before forming an opinion of them.

No comments: