Monday, April 20, 2009

The Rainy Days of Life



I don’t understand people at all. They will say, “It’s such a beautiful evening” when it is warm and the sunset is gorgeous. But if it is cold or cloudy or rainy, they will say something like, “Oh, it’s so yucky out!” Don’t they understand that beauty is not always in the bright and cheerful and obvious?
I am not like most people. When it rains, I love it. I run and dance in the rain. I love to look at the shiny, wet pavement, watch the droplets fall from the sky, and stare in wonder at the dark gray melancholy clouds. The rainy day is filled with just as much beauty as the sunny summer day. I feel so full of life when I look at the rain. It washes away the dirt, the hurt, and the tears. It makes me long for a new beginning. The rain is essential for life; it brings water to the earth, feeding the plants, which in turn feed the animals, which in turn feed us…it’s called the food chain (that just ruined the whole rain idea xD oops. Anyway…).
The gray clouds that shed the rain block the sun from our view, creating the dismal feeling that makes people dislike rain. But even the melancholy-ness of the rain is only our feeling; truth is what matters. And sometimes it is nice to feel melancholy and slow and quiet, when our lives are so busy, or even too cheerful at times. Rejoice all the elements of each day, whether it’s sunny or cloudy, cold or hot, slow or fast; just enjoy it.
Don’t always look for a “silver lining” that is bright; sometimes the best things are solemn and harsh or quiet and dim, yet still beautiful. There is peace and beauty in silence. And when you open your heart and stop chattering away with worries, requests, and pleas, then God can quietly talk to you. That is what the rainy days are for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think this is an awesome bolg it makes so much sense. and can even be a reminder to love everday God gives us.

Anonymous said...

Rain is awesome. ;)
Are you happy now? Hmm??

Maurissa said...

I totally agree! I love the rain. I think it is relaxing and calming. It's nice to have a day ever now and then where you just feel at peace, and for me, that's on rainy days. Like today! :D