Sunday, November 6, 2011

Stop and Go

I just realized something.

I don't want to spend the rest of life sitting in a day care center, teaching children about shapes, colors, and words. I don't want to wipe runny noses, chase after little boys, catch spiders in jars because "we don't kill bugs in front of children" (um, yes, I do -_-)...Yeah, being a teacher, maybe. But sitting in a room full of kids 5 to 6 days a week, day after day...I don't know why this excited me at first :P

What I do want to do is WRITE. I want to experiment with different art mediums. I want to travel.

Teaching just doesn't fit that.

So...this quarter is half a waste of my time. I know, it's sad. But there is room for change. For new decisions. The little planner-, wait-on-God-, procrastinator-me is freaking out inside.

I'm reading a book called Just Do Something. Appropriately enough, it's a super small book. It's pointing out to me the fact that "discovering God's will" isn't a treasure hunt that I'm on. I have to step out in faith and make decisions. I have to act on what I believe. There isn't time for me to float in limbo, waiting for God. While I wait to see His plan, I have to be doing.

Um, so this is pretty much Caitlin-ramblings ;) I wouldn't post it, except that I already wrote it and I haven't posted anything in so very long.

Ta ta for now!

1 comment:

PurpleMist. said...

Do what you love. So if being a teacher isn't fulfilling what you hoped to get out of your life, and writing is your passion, do it!
Good luck :)