Monday, August 8, 2011

dreads

for some reason, I am veeeeeery fascinated by the idea of having dreadlocks. this is NOT due to me crushing on anyone who has dreadlocks! i just....really want to do something different with my hair.

that would be different.



i know i sound like i'm going over the deep end here, having a break-down, going crazy, getting all rebellious on you...i swear to you, i am not. i'm just wanting to try new things. and seriously, doesn't that look pretty awesome right there??



i have no idea what my parents would say to such an idea. or if my new job would appreciate the hair addition. buuut, what's life without a little craziness? i mean if i legitly want to do this (and i do), then why shouldn't i? i'm not getting a piercing or a tattoo; this can be undone. (eventually...).

i won't know until i try, right?

do you have anything to say for or against?

5 comments:

PurpleMist. said...

Woah, dreadlocks? they suit the people in those pictures but before you get them done, make sure that they will suit you.
But change is good, so if you really want to do this, GO FOR IT :D

Caity said...

yeah, i'm going to think about it a while and research it...it won't be a split-second decision, that's for sure!! ;)

Abigail said...

Noooo! Nonononononoooo! Caitlin! Dreads? What's so amazing about getting your hair into ropes of knots so bad you have to CUT them out later? I'd go for a boy-cut first, and I LOVE my hair long...
But of course, do what you like. You do only live once. But still... you know my opinion now. (Save your lovely hair!)

Lotus said...

In response to Abigail's comment, you don't have to cut dreads out. Your hair will not be ruined as long as you continue to care for it.

To get rid of dreads, you soak your hair in conditioner and comb it out.

Syd said...

Love the P&P song on your playlist. I approve.

I am working on my dreads right now. So it won't look messy they are on the underside of my hair only, with one or two on the sides. They are coming along nicely. Make sure you do TONS of research though and think it through. They take a loootttt of time to form so if you change your mind you can always comb them out - if you backcomb to begin with.

<3
- s
www.videmusart.com
www.svenoblivion.wordpress.coms