Thursday, June 2, 2011

Upside Down

Life has a way of turning things upside down...and making you wonder how you ever managed to live right side up:)

That's my thought tonight. It's like all those stars I was talking about yesterday (see older post) just lit up my sky and I could finally catch a little glimpse of God's plan. Well, not His plan (I never seem to see that part rawr), but just what He's doing with my life right now.

The future remains a mystery.

So I was thinking - last night when I couldn't get to sleep, and today, when I was trying not to think :P - about my life and who I picture myself as. I've always kind of been a Tigger person. Personality-wise, and admiring-wise. But I was wondering...

What if all along I thought I was Tigger, but I've really been Eeyore the whole time?

It was quite an epiphany.

I'm reading the Inkheart trilogy (again) right now, and it's making me think about everything in story terms. Fiction. Books. Making my story. And wondering which character I am in the Story of Life. And it's making me sooo glad to realize that, unlike most fictional stories, I can change roles. I can go from being the bad guy (er, girl) to being on the side of the heroes. I can switch from the shy, low self esteem girl to being bold and courageous.

I can change.

It's making me really happy. It's also making me ask myself a few hard questions: what is it I really want? And if I really want something, what will I do to get it? God should be my greatest treasure. If I want Him above all else, I need to go and get Him.

Anyway, He's turned my life upside down and I'm slightly ruffled and freaked out but isn't that the best part of the roller coaster anyway? Looking back and saying, "Wow, I just about peed my pants...But gee, let's do it again! I know exactly where I'm going now." :)

5 comments:

Ruthie said...

Wow- the blog world seems to have a Winnie the Pooh theme going on!! :P

I know that this is...not a very helpful comment...but...I'm tired and I didn't feel like reading *all* your post. :) But, stars make me think of your ceiling! And...the glow in the dark..frogs... ;P

PurpleMist. said...

LOL, loved this post and the winnie the pooh references.
I REALLY want to read inkheart!

Caity said...

Hee - that's okay Ruthie. I know you're alive and there:) lol (i'm rather tired too)

PurpleMist, you should definitely read Inkheart! I wholeheartedly recommend it:)

Ivorydancer said...

I jut wanted to thank you for linking to my blog! Your blog looks really neat... Following!

Ivorydancer said...

I jut wanted to thank you for linking to my blog! Your blog looks really neat... Following!