Tuesday, October 6, 2009

26 things - a photographic scavenger hunt!

Okay, so, for the month of September, I tried a do-it-yourself photography "class" (haha), called 26 Things. It wasn't my idea, though, so don't give me any credit. What you do, is you get a list of 26 things (I got several online, but you could probably just make up your own) and you take a picture that represents that word - in your mind. And you have to do this in one month. It sounds easy, but it's not. Some of the words are harder to represent than others; but it was definitely fun! I completed September...but not with "flying colors" - I'm hoping to do better for October! We shall see =). Enjoy the photographs, though:

1. Couple (aww! lol)


2. Slope (of course that word makes me think "ski slope", but the snow isn't here yet :( )


3. Plate (microscope plate xD)


4. Going Places (oh yeah, I am SO going places ;)


5. Scrambled (a beautiful mess, eh? LOL!)


6. In The Distance


7. Underneath (can you see the word through the water bottle?)


8. Bright (there are so many definitions of this word; since I was running out of time, I just chose this one)


9. 11 pm (actually, this isn't a night picture...but it looks like one! I took a picture of a clear ruler THROUGH a microscope; right at the last second, I moved a little, so the picture turned dark. So it looks like a fence in the dark :D)


10. Today (this is really showing me how much I need to work on creative photography...)


11. Everyday (this is something I totally view every day...but I tried to make it look more creative than just a closet :P)


12. Resemble (shadows are perfect :D)


13. Childhood Memory (perhaps not in the literal sense..haha)


14. In The Water (a pond at Kingwood Center sufficed :)


15. Flower (just a simple one, in the field on the edge of our property :)


16. Button (ah, too hard to get one singular button...lol)


17. Heritage (this is one of my favs)


18. Glow (I love this candle!)


19. Clock (duh)


20. Closed (this one definitely lacks originality xD)


21. Smile (this one is random...I didn't feel like putting my smile that close to the camera, or trying to get just a plain picture of a smile...and, hey, at home, my options are limited :P)


22. Back


23. Plastic (and the perfectionist in me is crying "I wish it was at a better angle!" lol)


24. Handle


25. In My Fridge (sorry this one is not very creative...)


26. Looking Back At Me (this one was fun!)


Thanks for going on my photography journey! There will be another post for October, so check back at the end of this month...:D

No comments: